Install management packs for your hardware/software type and automatically start monitoring your chosen device type.
Information covered in management packs includes:
- Templates to enable auto discovery of devices covered by the management pack
- Rules to detect events
- Event processing, to raise alerts at the correct severity, as required
- Propagation settings, to ensure alerts are propagated up the device tree in the GUI correctly
- Device icons, for use in the GUI management tree
Standard Management packs included in the basic netPrefect™ installation include:
- Windows (XP, 2003, Vista)
We will work with you to add management packs for devices you are required to support in your environment.
Basic events generated by the standard management packs include:
- Disk space utilisation
- CPU utilisation
- Memory utilisation
- Network link bandwidth utilisation
- Inventory of installed software
- Chassis component status
Basic alerts generated by the standard management packs include:
- Disk space threshold exceeded
- CPU usage threshold exceeded
- Memory utilisation threshold exceeded
- Network link inbound and outbound utilisation threshold exceeded
- Failed chassis components, eg. fans, PSU, etc.